Thursday, February 4, 2010

I need to know the right people

Today I worked on submitting a packet of information to Titleist in hopes that they could either sponsor me with equipment or provide a partial sponsorship to purchase 10 new clubs at a lower cost. Because of the new groove rule, I need a whole new set of irons and a couple of wedges. I typed out my schedule for the year, and it seems like a decent schedule but without sponsors, I honestly don't see it being feasible.

The estimates amounted to around $8-9 grand on the entry fees alone. I'm thinking that even if I do have the temporary liquidity to enter into the Waste Management Phoenix Open & purchase some conforming clubs, it's not the most financially sound idea.

Today I ended up writing myself a check from my bank account in Iowa to close that account and put all my money in my Bank of America and Chase accounts. My mom also contacted my insurance guy and took out a loan against my insurance policy so that I could play in the WM Phoenix Open. It's a really nice gesture on my mom's behalf, but again, I'm thousands of dollars in debt from the past two summers of paying my own way to play golf. I believe it should mainly go to pay off a majority of that debt. I will probably purchase a new set of clubs through Titleist's sponsorship program just so I don't have to worry about conforming anymore. By that time, I will probably sign up for the Scottsdale Healthcare Charity Pro-Am which is only $300 and the winner takes $15,000.

As for traveling back to the Midwest for the summer events that I planned out, I'm not so sure anymore. The serving job at a fine dining establishment that I worked at in the past is no longer there anymore due to some falling out between the owner and the manager.

I ended up playing in a skins game today at the Legacy that involved 10 players (Dong Yi, Grant, Skyler Hong, Jessi Gebhardt, her bf Martin White, Julianna Ulrik, her bf Reed, Kendra, and Vinny from the Big Break Disney). I had three birdies, but they were all covered. It took an eagle by Martin on hole eight and a birdie by Vinny on nine for the only two skins. We all went to Oreganos for some pizza, and I finished it off with a Pizzookie . . . it was delightful.

Tomorrow I will have to contact the people that I know at Estancia to see if they have a caddy program. Hopefully they do, and I could make a few contacts/potential sponsors that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment