Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Haha it's getting good . . .

I finally purchased a brand new set of clubs through Titleist's Tour Department's purchasing program. The clubs are about 50% off the price of retail so I placed the order for a 3-PW set of the AP2's with KBS tour golf shafts. I had them 2* flat so it should all be tailored to my specs. I decided to switch to KBS golf shafts after trying Dong's and feeling how great they felt. The shafts also launch the ball a little higher so that would help with my long irons versus the Project X Rifle Flighted irons I currently use. I then purchased a 52* & 58* wedge, both with 8* bounce, & the conforming grooves. When they arrive, I'll probably give the 58* a c-grind.

In other news, Ai Miyazato won the last two events on the LPGA Tour! I texted her after both wins, but I don't believe that I can text internationally. When she comes back into the states, I'll need to get her email so I can stay in contact. Her last win paid for our kids' playroom & the guest house . . . haha

Full Swing
I've been working on the same shoulders feeling for quite some time now, and my swing is looking really good. I now incorporated a cupped feeling in my left wrist to help get the club on plane at the top of my swing and keep it from getting laid off. My swing is more shallow on its descent into the ball, and I'm happy at how it's progressing.

Short Game & Putting
I took a lesson with Penny Pultz recently and we looked at the putting alignment with the laser and realized that I don't need a different hosel for my putter because I am aligned very square to my target (due to the assistance of the ruler drill).

As for chipping, I have to better develop my holistic approach towards practicing, analyzing, and executing an equilibrium during my shots. What can happen is people become narrow focused and concentrate too hard on one specific aspect, such as thinking solely about the line of a putt or the backswing of my chipping and that causes the person to have the other aspects of executing the shot suffer. For this reason, we hit bad shots or they don't come out the way we intended. In other words, don't become narrow focused and give more attention to any aspect of the shot than others.

Technically, I have added more pressure or weight on my target-side foot and have become more conscious of the bottom of my swing arc as I take practice swings. Impact contact has seemed to have improved and combining the teachings of Penny, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm starting to make more putts again and the last time that I went out and played with Mike, he was saying how solid everything appears to be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment